Three Questions - Essentialism
My answers to the three questions for discerning the trivial many and the vital few in my life.
What do I feel deeply inspired by?
- Bringing people together with a common goal or cause
- Problem solving
- Communicating ideas to others clearly
- Learning and progressing
- Powerful music
- Helping people succeed, become their best selves
What am I particularly talented at?
- Leading others
- Serving as an example
- 2021-06-12: This morning I was reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to Nora and as I was teaching her new vocabulary, I realized that teaching is definitely one of my talents, and it has been ever since my mission. It's why I was a good teacher at the MTC, and why I looked into becoming a professor or studying instructional technology. Teaching, in some ways, is just the act of clearly communicating an idea in a way that is understandable for your particular audience. And in that sense, I already do teaching at work often. It makes me want to do it more, and now, more than ever, I am inspired to start a blog to teach leadership skills in tech.
- Finding ways to communicate complex ideas
- Weighing trade offs and making decisions
- Documenting things
What meets a significant need in the world?
- Thinking about accessibility...
- Improving communication?
- Examining all the ways to communicate an idea (words, sketches, diagrams)
- Focusing on the main goal